Sunday, October 31, 2010

Time to Breathe and Reflect...

        So it's been another ridiculously long and intense few weeks. I am totally behind in blogging, but I promise myself to continue with this! So it's Halloween today and well there's not much going on since its on a Sunday -____- booo,you know what that means school/work next day. Anyhoo my Saturday night consisted of staying in and catching up on some homework and what not, I kind of enjoyed it seeing how I wasn't feeling my best to go out with the bf and his entourage.

      Anyways a lot has happened and I need to do some picture updates, hopefully I can get my hands on the bf's laptop soon. So while I'm spending my night in and I'm going to take advantage of this time to reflect on something that's been on my mind and heart heavily this past week.
      So you know how in our life there will always be someone of significance that you look back and wonder what could have happened with.. yeah I know we shouldn't look into the past because it does nothing but bring pain.. yada yada... but so there use to be a guy I spoke with and basically he found me on facebook... it's been quite sometime like since my sophomore year of high school. We use to talk for hours on end on the phone, and you know the young crush thing where you just get all giddy and excited to receive a text or miss call from them, and the first sound of their voice you melt.. well you get the picture I had a mad crazy crush on this guy; i believe the feeling was mutual.well its such a blur now, but things didn't work out and I honestly cannot remember why.
         Well whatever fast forward all these years, he gets my number off fb and texts me, we sorta text on and off and one of the days he decides to call me but I was unable to catch the call in time. We ended up playing phone tag all week; i have school so most the time my phone is on silent... blah so Friday afternoon we finally get in contact and ironically I was going to be in his neighborhood because of some errands and stuff I had to do with the bf.. -_____- we spoke, but right when I heard his voice it sounded cold and dry.. there was not much to talk about and our conversation lasted no longer than 15 minutes. After getting off the phone, I felt a feeling of confusion; I was neither happy or sad- can't really explain it. Well that evening drove out to San Jose, was actually in his neighborhood, but decided not to do anything just went about my evening. Then I get some random texts from him and we text back and forth, but nothing much. I called him today, but he sounded annoyed so I let him go. I wanted to reestablish a friendship, but in reality I know this will never happen; I need to just leave the past in the past.

       Was I wrong for speaking to him and having contact?... I feel bad because the boyfriend thinks I'm hiding something, but knowing him he would just blow up and assume I was in love with the guy. Well enough about that negative bs.. Something amazing that did happen was that the San Francisco Giants won the NLCS WEST and are now competing against the Texas Rangers in the World Series.. I know I'm not the biggest fan, but hey gotta love all the excitement and comradery in the city. So hooray :D! Anyways I guess I'll try to photo update soon. Hope everyone has a safe and exciting Halloween! November is just around the corner, CRAZY!
   



Love and Happiness to YOU,
Shirley

2 comments:

  1. chin up baby girl...boys are stupid throw shows at them...just wanted to come by and cheer you up a bit...everyone has off weeks and frankly i think it was just nicer to "knew" him then to "know" him...boy clearly has issues so dont waste another text!

    xx
    pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The past is in the past for a reason. So you're right for wanting to keep it that way. I know how it is with curiosity when someone from our past shows up unexpectedly. We're curious to know what they want and it's difficult to ignore it. It's okay to see wassup online, up to the point where it's surface talk and still innocent. As soon as someone brings up the past, it's best to drop it. What's the point of talking about something that's not happening anyway? Remind yourself WHAT IS not the WHAT IFs.

    To be frank, if this continues, either be honest with your bf about the guy (even if your bf has his own insecurities) or just stop talking/texting him. Nothing good can come out of this if you live with guilt. You gotta reason with yourself about what you want, what you really want. Is the friendship really worth rekindling if it cost you your current relationship? What do you get from getting back in touch with the guy besides drama? How would you feel if it was the other way around and it was a girl who was trying to get back in touch with your man? The hard truth is that you pretty much gotta choose between your man or the other guy. Cause it doesn't seem you can have both of them in the picture.

    ReplyDelete